Originally from Sweden and now a PGA Tour Player, Freddie has been a part of the OJ family since 2012. He won first PGA Tour event, the Travelers Championship, in 2011 and now lives in Hobe Sound, Florida and combines a love for business with his love for the game.
- Hobe Sound, Florida, USA
- Medalist Club
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Kungsbacka, Sweden
- Height & Weight
- 6ft 1¾in 12st 8lbs (185cm 80kg)
- Wife: Erika (m. 2003); Children: Alice (2004), Emmie (2006)
- Turned Pro
- Would you prefer to play in the wind or rain?
- World #1 or major Championship?
- One course for the rest of your life, which one is it?
- Your first car, your current and your dream car?
- First: Volvo 940, Current and dream: Range Rover Sport
- Individual style or team outfit?
- Individual style
Get to know Freddie
- Your dream fourball?
- My father, my son and Arnold Palmer around Augusta.
- Your favourite club in the bag & why?
- My putter because it is the one I can rely on most.
- Best shot of your career so far?
- At the 18th hole at Valderama to win the 2003 Volvo Masters. I won on the fourth playoff hole in near darkness. It was long emotional day and I was delighted to win.
- Whats your favourite item of OJ clothing?
- Jerry Slipover. It’s so versatile.
- Favourite Sunday afternoon outfit?
- Gustaf polo shirt and Brent trosuers.
- Three words to describe Oscar Jacobson?
- Style, function and quality.
- Your worst weather memory?
- Hail and snow playing the Match Play in Arizona with Ernie Els.
- Favorite past times away from the course?
- Family, surfing, skiing, coaching kids soccer and business.
- OJ is a fashion brand that produces golf clothing, do you recognise/notice fashion influences coming into golf apparel more and more?
- I see many brands pulling fashion and function together on the course.
- Do you prefer to dress up (smart) or dress down (casual)? Why?
- Depends on the situation but generally I prefer to dress down. I am pretty casual guy.
- Who are your style icons?
- I don’t have any really, but if I had to choose it would be OJ CEO Roger Tjernberg!