The newest member to the OJ player stable, Richard joined Team OJ late in 2014 and has enjoyed a successful start to the 2015 European Tour Season. When he’s not walking the fairways style, he can found at home walking his dog in style in his versatile OJ clothing.
- Southampton, England
- Stoneham GC
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Burton-on-Trent, England
- Height & Weight
- 6ft 1¾in 14st 0lbs (185cm 89kg)
- Turned Pro
- 1996 (plus 2)
- Would you prefer to play in the wind or rain?
- World #1 or major Championship?
- One course for the rest of your life, which one is it?
- Sunnningdale or St Andrews... the turf is the way it should be.
- Your first car, your current and your dream car?
- First: Ford Escort, Current: BMW X6, Dream: Lambourghini Aventador
- Individual style or team outfit?
- Individual style
Get to know Richard
- Your dream fourball?
- Tiger Woods, Ronnie O' Sullivan & Matt Le Tissier. Matt is a good friend, Ronnie is my hero & Tiger because he's Tiger.
- Your favourite club in the bag & why?
- Lob Wedge. My strength is my short game and you can play many shots with that club.
- Best shot of your career so far?
- Driver off the fairway in the last round of Tour School about 8yrs ago.. 16th hole par 5 – it was a very windy day & I needed one more birdie to get my card. I hit a great shot with that club to about 20ft to make the birdie I needed.
- Whats your favourite item of OJ clothing?
- All of it. I just love everything about the clothing... The fit, how it feels and it looks classy & very smart
- Favourite Sunday afternoon outfit?
- I don't really have a Sunday outfit. Just whatever is left that I haven't worn for the week!
- Three words to describe Oscar Jacobson?
- Classy, stylish and professional
- Your worst weather memory?
- Spain 16yrs ago. It was raining hard & it was so cold that you could hardly hold the club. Water coming through the waterproofs & was frozen to my core. Just horrible being out in that for over 4hrs. It makes me shiver just thinking about it.
- Favorite past times away from the course?
- Just being at home as we spend so much time away. Being around my family & walking my dog Max.
- OJ is a fashion brand that produces golf clothing, do you recognise/notice fashion influences coming into golf apparel more and more?
- I do notice the trends in golf. With players getting younger & they work out more. The fits in some brands are tighter to show the slim look. I guess with being one of the older guys on tour, I much prefer the more classic look that I think OJ do fantastic as well as the slim look too.
- Do you prefer to dress up (smart) or dress down (casual)? Why?
- I guess I'm always more casual than smart. I much prefer comfort so I guess that reflects in the way I dress away from the course.
- Who are your style icons?
- I think David Beckham makes any style of clothes look great. I wish I could!