Wade joined OJ as an ambassador in 2010 and the self-proclaimed ‘petrol head’ enjoyed his best season on tour in 2014, recording four top 10 finishes on the European Tour. Born in Australia, Wade’s style icons include James Dean, Steve McQueen and fellow Australian golfer, Adam Scott.
- Adelaide, Australia
- Royal Adelaide GC
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Adelaide, Australia
- Height & Weight
- 5ft 9¾in 11st 4lbs (175cm 72kg)
- Oskar (2010)
- Turned Pro
- 2001 (plus 2)
- Would you prefer to play in the wind or rain?
- Definitely wind
- World #1 or major Championship?
- Major Championship
- One course for the rest of your life, which one is it?
- Sunningdale or St Andrews... the turf is the way it should be.
- Your first car, your current and your dream car?
- First: Holden HQ, Current: BMW X5, Dream: Porsche GT3 RS
- Individual style or team outfit?
- Individual style
Get to know Wade
- Your dream fourball?
- My father (Peter Ormsby), Brother (Jordan Ormsband my best mate for the laughs, Jack Perkins.
- Your favourite club in the bag & why?
- Putter (most weeks). If you don’t putt well you have no chance to win. You can out putt a field but you can’t out-hit a field.
- Best shot of your career so far?
- An 18 foot putt to move onto the lead, went on to record my first win on tour at 2013 Panasonic Open, India.
- Whats your favourite item of OJ clothing?
- JOE GILLET vest, all colours
- Favourite Sunday afternoon outfit?
- It changes and depends on if it performed well the previous Sunday… usually White shirt and coloured Chinos.
- Three words to describe Oscar Jacobson?
- Classy, stylish, cool.
- Your worst weather memory?
- Dunhill Links at St Andrews. Balls blowing off greens and you could hardly stand up, the day was abandoned.
- Favorite past times away from the course?
- Anything with an engine - Go karting, Motorcross / Quad bike riding with my son, or helping out my Brother who races Porsches in Australia.
- OJ is a fashion brand that produces golf clothing, do you recognise/notice fashion influences coming into golf apparel more and more?
- Yes definitely, a lot of Sport styles are coming into golf, however fashion on tour is pretty traditional with a twist of style, I like the fact the game has stayed traditional.
- Do you prefer to dress up (smart) or dress down (casual)? Why?
- Always over dress, you never know who you are going to meet. I always feel more comfortable overdressed.
- Who are your style icons?
- James Dean, Steve McQueen & Adam Scott